It all changed when Jesus showed up.

  • Jesus showed up and made a statement.

Pages

Saturday, March 7, 2015

Single parent.

~ I work really hard raising my boys. My goal has always been to bring up good, strong, moral, spiritual men into the world. Not lil players, not wandering bums, but good, very good men. I had my reading today via JoLynne Valerie we discussed my business ventures, we discussed my change in romantic scenery, we discussed beautiful angels. And its all relevant, all very important to me, however, I've been a single mom for a long time. I have been all alone for a long time. Very alone. My boys do not have the cousins to play with, the aunts to babysit and the uncles to rough house. Not the gramma baking pie, or chasing em with a switch (kidding, but you get it) Its been only me, for the greater part of 8 years. One boy is 8, one is 10 ~ so you see where I am. I have worried about how they are growing up, what kind of men they will be. Praying I have been giving them all moral codes they need for a good life. My one son, he has been my biggest rock, my biggest support through many times. And when I told him we were going to build a business selling jewelry, he was all in! We began in a different state, I created a small little supply of earrings, necklaces and bracelets. I then placed them in baskets. One day, the money ran dry. The kids needed things ~ and I had no way to get the stuff. My eye caught one of the baskets. I said, well ... if anything, I can try to sell this. I told the boys we were going on vacation soon, we needed to earn money. We gathered up our little baskets, and off walking we went. It was so very hard. It was emotionally hard, scary hard, and just plain new fear. But, when your kids are hungry ~ you have got to mommie up. My one son, he gave me courage, he gave me inspiration. He was the greatest ~ most confident lil business man. We spent two hours in our little town, going door to door with our little baskets. I felt awkward, on the spot, very nervous. My boy, he took my hand and said ~ Come on mom we've got some jewelry to sell! That moment. I gathered my courage, stuffed away fear and pride ~ and we steadily sold nearly everything we had over the next few days. The first day, we took our little earnings over to the ice cream store, bought a soda and some ice cream, hot dogs for the kids. This day, is what finally set into motion the building of a business. The filling of so many dreams. And my son, who motivated me, the son who inspired and worked and watched. Well, he is learning big things. He is learning about building a business from scratch ~ from the ground up. We are tightening our bond daily, and this little boy is going to grow up into the most beautiful man. And this is what makes it all worth it. All worthwhile. The little dark haired boy, who grows into the most amazing man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *